The name Bürkle is one of the oldest Swabian family names and was arising in the last decades of the XI. century. In Schmiden the name is mentioned for the first time in 1608. Opened in 1939 by the grandparents Julius and Julie Bürkle as a bakery, pastry, coffee and wine bar, our house also bears this traditional name.
Julie Bürkle 1962 handed the business to the second generation, Werner and Margaret Fichter. Together they had already created another business. Over the bakery, pastry shop, coffee and wine bar the first hotel rooms have been furnished.
Since 1987 the HOTEL BÜRKLE is led in the third Generation of the Fichter family. High quality equipment, personal atmosphere and the preservation of the original style are the criteria in their tradition, the house evolved considerably.